Dentist who uses Nitrous Oxide ocoee fl
Dental Sedation Orlando, Winter Garden FL
Nitrous Oxide is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas that you can breathe. It has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. Nitrous oxide is safe, the patient receives 50-70% oxygen with no less than 30% nitrous oxide.
The patient is able to breathe on their own and remains in control of all bodily functions.
The patient may experience mild amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during their appointment.
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.407-656-8080 Book an Appointment
There are many advantages to using Nitrous Oxide:
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain-killing properties develop.
Reasons to not use Nitrous Oxide:
You should not utilize Nitrous Oxide if you have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Though there are no other major contraindications to using nitrous oxide, you may not want to use it if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., a cold, or other difficulties with breathing.
You may want to ask your dentist for a “5-minute trial” to see how you feel about this type of sedation method before proceeding.