Careers at Smiles of Orlando
Dental Jobs in Orlando, FL
Do you want to work in a positive, energetic, and enjoyable atmosphere? If so, we are the practice for you! We have a fun team, with the latest technology in a small but busy boutique-style dental practice. This specialty practice focuses on exceptional customer care and quality, in the West Orlando area. We are seeking an additional full-time, Certified Dental Assistant to join our team.
Join our growing practice that has been voted “Best Dentist” in the Orlando Magazine 12 years in a row.
Dental assistant to work under the Prosthodontist’s supervision to prepare for restorative and dental implant procedures and systems by generally anticipating the dentist’s needs. Applicants should have excellent verbal and writing skills. Some other responsibilities may include sophisticated functions such as digital scanning, digital photography, and good hand skills.
- Work with the direct supervision of the Prosthodontist
- Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, including but not limited to providing chair-side assistance while the dentist examines and treats patients.
- Ensure patients are as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
- Generally anticipating to hand instruments and materials to the dentist and keep patients’ mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Taking full mouth series of radiographs, panoramic radiographs, and CBCT scans.
- Setting up and cleaning up rooms using proper disinfection and sterilization techniques
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations
- Pouring impressions (including boxing and pouring), trimming casts (models), and maintaining the laboratory clean and organized
- When needed, support and assist the hygienist, including but not limited to cleaning trays, room setups, and cleanups.
- Support the radiographic needs
- Must be able to take excellent notes and enter them into our paperless dental software
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certified as a Dental Assistant by the A.D.A.
- Minimum 4 yr Dental Assistant experience
- Dental implant experience, desired
- Must be reliable, work well with others, be a team player, and have good manual skills.
- Must be current in all certifications
- Expanded duties is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish/Portuguese)
Benefits of joining Smiles of Orlando
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (Dental Benefits (except lab fees), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401K benefits, Bonuses, Uniform Allowance, and paid continuing education)
- Four- Five day work week; Monday-Thursday (8:00 am-5:30 pm schedule) with some Fridays for office meetings and/or extra work days.